Conditions and payments for our Queenstown Hostel
family room bookings
The Family Room options are only available for families with 2 Adults Maximum. There may be a charge for extra adults. Adult age is 17 and over.
NEW YEARS EVE BOOKINGS
All bookings which include any of the dates from 30th December up to and including 1st Januaray are considered New Years Eve Bookings.
1. All New Years Eve bookings must be paid in full within 48 hours of making your booking. After your booking is made, we will contact you by phone or email, between 9am and 7pm to take payment. We have two options to take payment; We can take payment over the phone or via email with card details you provide to us then, or we can use our system to charge the card you use to hold the booking online, which incurs a third party service charge of a further 10% of the booking total. The card you use to make your booking is purely to hold your reservation. Once full payment has been received we will send you a PFD confirmation of your booking to you via email.
2. There is a minimum of 3 nights stay which must include New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, with a check-in on or before the 30th December and a check-out on or after the 2nd January. We do not have availability for bookings checking in or out on the 31st December or 1st January.
3. All guests who are not travelling with parents or legal guardians must be 18+ and provide valid identification (i.e: passport, driver’s license, HANZ 18+ card) upon check-in; failure to do so will result in cancellation of the booking with no refund.
4. All guests must pay a $20 cash key deposit, which will be refunded upon check-out provided rooms are left in the same condition (no broken items, no damage etc..) as upon check-in.
5. STRICTLY no smoking in the premises.
6. We will be a dry hostel over the new year period. No alcohol will be allowed on the premises on the 30th and 31st December and the 1st January. This is strictly enforced and any booking found abusing this rule will be removed on the spot, without refund.
7. When making your booking online you are required to give valid credit card details. These details are purely to hold your booking and are not visible to our staff. If at any point we are forced to charge the card held on our system, this will incur a third party handling fee of a further 10% of the amount charged. To avoid this charge, you can provide us with a physical card, or its details at the time of payment.
8. There is a 2.5% surcharge for credit card payments. There is no surcharge for EFTPOS and Cash payments.
New Years Cancellation Policy:
– Cancellations made before 90 days of the check-in date will be refunded in full.
– Cancellations made between 90 and 60 days of the check-in date, will be charged the first night’s stay.
– Cancellations made between 60 and 30 days of the check-in date will be charged 50% of the booking
– Cancellations made between 30 and 0 days of the check-in date will be charged in full.
In the event of a cancellation or ‘no show’, in which we are required to charge the credit card information provided when originally confirming the reservation, a 2.5% surcharge will apply. If we are required to utilise the Stripe facility, a further 10% administration fee will apply.
For reservations less than 7 nights:
In the case of a guest ‘no show’, the first night’s rate will be charged to the credit card provided at booking + 2.5% surcharge. An additional 10% administration charge may apply if the Stripe facility is required to be used when processed
Reservations more than 7 nights:
In the case of a guest ‘no show’, the first week of the reservation will be charged to the credit card provided at booking + 2.5% surcharge. An additional 10% administration charge may apply if the Stripe facility is required to be used when processed
Reservations for more than 10 people:
In the case of a group ‘no show’, the reservation will be charged in full to the credit card provided at booking + 2.5% surcharge. An additional 10% administration charge may apply if the Stripe facility is required to be used.
Conditions for bookings under 1 week:
– Cancellations and modifications are allowed up to 48 hours prior to arrival without any costs. You can do this anytime via email or by phone 9:00am to 7:00pm.
– Cancellations within 48 hours of your arrival date will be charged for the first night to the credit card details provided at check-in.
Conditions for bookings over 1 week:
– Changes may be made to the booking up to 7 days prior to the arrival date at no charge.
– Cancellations within 7 days will be charged the first night’s rates.
– Cancellations made within 48 hours will be charged the first weeks’ rate. This also applies to ‘no show’ reservations.
Conditions for group bookings over 10 people or 10 beds:
– Changes may be made to the booking up to 14 days prior to the arrival date at no charge.
– Cancellations within 14 days will be charged the first night’s rates.
– Cancellations made within 48 hours will be charged the full rate of the whole reservation. This also applies to ‘no show’ reservations.
Please be aware that a 2.5% surcharge will apply if a charge is required against the credit card details you have provided. A further 10% administration fee will apply if the Stripe facility is required to be used.
Check In and Check Out Times
Guests may check-in from 2:00pm on their arrival date, and must check out by 10:00am on their departure date. Late check outs may be charged an extra nights rate.
Reception is open from 9:00am to 7:00pm every day. If you require a later check in, please let us know prior to your arrival date so we can arrange a late check in for you. Late check-ins MUST be arranged in advance.
Cleaning and Damages
Guests will be responsible for damage to the premises or loss of or damage to any items in the premises and will be required to pay the cost of replacement or repair of any such item damaged or lost. A minimum fee of $200 will apply to any damages, and any costs over and above this will be charged accordingly, including loss of revenue from rooms rendered unusable due to damage or mis-use.
use of premises
At no time during the occupancy shall more than the number of persons shown on the confirmation reside overnight at the premises, without the prior consent of the property managers. We have zero toleration on this issue and extra charges may be applied. This includes covering the costs of refunds to other guests who have been caused inconvenience. Guests who break this rule will also be evicted without refund.
We are a strict NON-SMOKING premises – We provide a covered smoking area out the front of the hostel, but there is strictly no smoking in the building. If you smoke in our rooms, our high-sensitivity smoke alarms – which are connected to the fire department – will sound and you will be removed from the premises without refund. A fire brigade callout fee will also be applied to your card.
No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on the premises.
Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and must be in a private room or booked-out dorm configuration.
Whilst alcohol is allowed on-site, guests must abide by the guidelines stipulated by Absoloot Hostel QT staff at all times. Failure to do so will result in the guest forfeiting their accommodation and being removed from the premises without refund. We have a strict no drinking alcohol in rooms policy.
Accepted Credit Cards & Fees
We accept VISA and Mastercard credit cards, which both incur a 2.5% credit card surcharge fee. There is no surcharge for EFTPOS or cash payments.
When making a reservation you are required to give valid credit card details to save on our system. These details are purely to hold your booking and for insurance purposes. If you have made this booking over the phone, face to face or online, these card details are not visible to our staff after they have been saved in the system. If at any point we are forced to charge the card held on our system, this will incur a third party handling fee of a further 10% of the amount charged. To avoid this charge, you can provide us with a physical card, or its details at the time of payment.
Anything we’ve missed? Please contact us!