Guest services and facilities
As one of our guests, you’ll have access to all communal areas within the hostel…
- Our kitchen leaves nothing to be desired – it’s equipped with 2 x 4-burner cook-tops, 2 x ovens, microwaves, plenty of fridge space, an auto-urn for piping hot coffee/tea/hot chocolate (which is free!), toasters, spices (also free), and a stunning view over Lake Wakatipu to start your mornings. The kitchen is operational between 6am and 10pm.
- Our lounge-room is open 24 hours, and is equipped with 2 LCD TV’s (one specifically for movies, NETFLIX, and SKY TV, and one for video games), an XBox and Nintendo Wii, board games, free-to-use balls (rugby, basketball, soccer etc.), Guitars, and a book exchange.
- The communal bathroom is also open 24 hours, and is a uni-sex bathroom with full-length shower and toilet partitions. With 3 x showers, 3 x toilets and 2 x sinks, and FREE TOWELS available at reception, there’s no excuse for going to bed dirty!
- The laundromat is a self-service environment, with industrial strength laundry equipment available on a coin-operated basis. Didn’t bring detergent? Don’t worry! There’s a detergent machine inside the laundry that’s also coin operated. The laundry is also operational between 6am and 10pm.
- Our Ski/Board/Bike storage is located within the laundry, and it’s a great, safe place to store your extra-curricular activities when they’re not in use. The room is key-card accessible (the same key you use for your room), it’s under 24hr surveillance (it’s locked between 10pm and 6am), and the room is also equipped with heaters and a fan for those Winter months.
- Finally, our Reception acts as our check-in station, computer kiosk area, Information and Tour Booking desk, and general after-hours hangout for the night owls. Book your next adventure, extend your reservation, ask about the best restaurants, or just generally meet some of your fellow travelers in a warm and inviting zone. The reception is open between 8am and 10pm.
And that’s just the communal areas! In your room you’ll find fully-made beds with quality linen and duvets, heatpumps in every room, double glazing on all windows, plantation shutters to welcome or shut the world out, keycard entry, reading lights and power points for every bed, daily room cleaning, a free towel available on check-in, and FREE UNLIMITED WIFI available throughout the hostel. If you’re booking a private room, you’ll also have a fridge, microwave, and tea/coffee-making facilities in your room.
Most importantly, if there’s anything we can assist you with before or during your stay, please just let our friendly reception staff know – if there’s an issue, we would love the opportunity to fix it if it’s within our ability.
Just make sure you book sooner rather than later, as we would hate for you to miss out!